Thursday, June 12, 2008

Todd Bentley responds to questions about Lakeland

Please read his thoughtful, insightful and heartfelt response to the uproar in the blogosphere about the Lakeland Revival/Florida Outpouring that started on April 2, and is almost 70 days old. I've ready MANY blogs, a few posters out there are brave enough to say they are convinced this is of God and either received a healing or know someone who was healed either while watching the service online or on TV or from attending a service in person.

You can watch the services daily at 10 am and 7 pm ET. View the 10 am services here after registering first and the evening services here on GOD TV's website (registration required) or here on Fresh Fire's streaming page.

For several days now I chose to "stay out of it", but after seeing this posted on a forum that I visit, and reading it for myself I'm jumping in the "fray". I'm sure before long someone anti-Lakeland will post their opinions, backed up with scripture as to why this is not of God, and they are welcome to do so.

However, please know that all the rational, theological exegesis in the world won't convince me otherwise. God is demonstrating His love for His people in Lakeland and as soon as I can I'm going there to "get some"!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am not anti-lakeland. I am a charismatic Christian who has been throught this many times over the past 15 years. I have yet to get a response to my request for documented evidence of even one dead man raised from the dead as claimed. I am open to believing the same evidence that Jesus clearly provided to anything he did.

Thanks for your post. I have felt convicted to share the truth in this matter, having been involved with many of the "revival" antics over the past 15 years. Countless people who I know who attended also are today empty and not healed. To make matters worse, the so-called "enlightened" ones spew guilt on those who do not believe this show, blaming it on our lack of faith.

After posting to numerous blogs which spew this nonsense (in a kind, scriptual manner), my comments are immediately removed and I am blocked from commenting. How is that for allowing scrutiny of something they say is of God? Yet any dissent is immediately removed to keep their believers in the dark. Can you say cult?

God save us.

Find me on Facebook!

Lorraine May Chidolue's Facebook profile